Are there negative patterns in place in your life that may make it difficult for you to be happy? Learn some practical changes you can make to enhance your emotional health and growth.
- Be respectful and responsible. Do what is right for you rather than worrying about other people. Don’t get caught up in blaming other people.
- Acknowledge and take credit for your successes and accomplishments. It’s important to acknowledge the good things you are doing well.
- Develop one or two close relationships where you can be honest about your thoughts and feelings. Emotionally healthy people have a good support system.
- Talk positively to yourself. Do not beat yourself up with negative self-talk. We talk to ourselves all day long so we might as well focus on positive things.
- Remove yourself from hurtful or damaging situations. Walk away from a situation for awhile if it is getting out of control. Give yourself some space to problem solve a positive approach or reach out for support to deal with the problem.
- Accept that life is about choices and is always bringing change to you to which requires adjustment. Life never stays the same. See the changes as an opportunity to grow and learn new things.
- Have a plan for the future. Develop long-range goals for yourself, but work on them one day at a time.
Reach out today
If you’d like help removing negative patterns from your life and achieving emotional health, please feel free to contact me here.