Are you feeling depressed after the birth of your child? You are far from alone! One in seven women (about 14%) have postpartum depression.
Do you have 5 or more of these symptoms?
- Feeling restless or moody
- Feeling sad, hopeless, and overwhelmed/li>
- Crying a lot
- Having no energy or motivation
- Eating too little or too much
- Sleeping too little or too much
- Having trouble focusing or making decisions
- Having memory problems
- Feeling worthless and guilty
- Losing interest or pleasure in activities you used to enjoy
- Withdrawing from friends and family
- Having headaches, aches and pains, or stomach problems that don’t go away
Many women doubt themselves because they see this list and think “isn’t everyone overwhelmed, not sleeping, not focusing, eating a lot and withdrawing from people when they have a new baby?”
Of course, the answer is, “Yes!” All women feel this way to some degree… But, when the feelings reach a level where you’re having a hard time functioning for several weeks or more, there’s cause for concern.
Therapy can help. I CAN help.
- Provide a safe place where you can talk about your feelings and seek to understand why you’re having the symptoms or reactions that are troubling you.
- Support and encourage you to make sure your self-care is a high priority. The happier you are, the better a parent you are, and the happier your child will be. Most mothers think they can do it all, but the reality is that they need help from others, physically and emotionally. We can and will work together to come up with ways that you can ask for help and give yourself what you need.
- Improve your self-worth. Many mothers struggle to feel “good enough” and therapy can be a place to gain encouragement about how well you are mothering, as well as get support to make changes in the areas you’d like to improve.
- Decrease symptoms of anxiety and/or depression. I will help you determine whether your symptoms are situational or more chemical related. And, if your symptoms don’t subside with therapy alone, I will educate you about the options concerning natural remedies and psychotropic medication.
In the two decades I’ve been practicing counseling and psychotherapy, I’ve helped more women than I can count identify, cope with, and overcome feelings of sadness and depression.
Doing so gives my life meaning and purpose… And, I want you to know that you can reclaim your life and rediscover that same sense of purpose and joy and move forward with optimism and confidence!
Please contact me today at 1-888-208-4976 or click the button below to schedule a free 30-minute phone consultation to discuss your specific needs and goals and find out whether or not I can help.
Remember, you can keep doing the same things that aren’t working, or you can try something different… What have you got to lose?
Give me a call at 1-888-208-4976 or click the button below and schedule a free consultation, today, while you’re thinking about it.
I’m looking forward to talking with you and helping you create a life of joy and abundance.
A free 30-minute phone session to discuss post-partum depression is the best way to know whether my service could be right for you.